Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Honeymoon period

Well, the marital honeymoon is four-and-half years old for me. So, that is not what I am talking about. This is about the honeymoon period in a company after you take up your new job there. Its just one day less than a month that I joined my new organisation. Everything is new - starting from your work, your cubicle-mates, company policies, your manager, everything, just like your spouse after an arranged marriage.

I am realising this honeymoon period more than my previous places of work. And there are newcomers around me to keep reminding me about their company-honeymoon period. This is the major area of discussion during all the munch breaks. I should say I am in my partial honeymoon period here, because I got some work assigned. My friends are in a total honeymoon, just like a total eclipse covering off the moon or the sun -- except that the enjoyable eclipse here is that they get full cover from their future to-be-work :-)

Nevertheless, this period is going on good, browsing the Intranet sites, reading policy after policy, keeping up-to-date (or atleast try to) on current affairs by browsing all news sites, (No facebooking/orkutting, mind you, all those are banned, even mail sites) etc. etc.

Everyone, including me, are waiting for the transition phase where we actually work to give respect to our bulk bank accounts that smile during the end of the month. At that time, I am sure, we all will have nostalgic feelings regarding our ex-honeymoon period...Till then, we will enjoy this :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment