Monday, September 17, 2012

Lal Bagh Independence Day Flower Show

Lal Bagh in Bengaluru conducts some AMAZING, (read it as A-M-A-Z-I-N-G and B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L) flower shows for Republic Day and Independence Day. After gaining interest in photography, I made it a point to visit it to click some pictures of the flower beauties to my heart's content. And yes, it happened.

Me and my friend, loaded with my Nikon SLR, went to Lal Bagh for the Republic Day flower show, from office (on a weekday, yes, it added to the thrill to go from workplace:-), Sorry, my organization) just to click pictures. We were surprised to see a lot of crowd on a weekday and were asking each other whether so many people are jobless like us :-)

But, unfortunately, the pictures did not turn out very well when seen on a PC as I had set the SLR in some crappy mode and didn't check the setting before clicking the photographs. Thus went the Republic Day photography session, unfruitful.

Then came the Independence Day flower show. I was cautious this time to click some real good pictures. I double-checked my settings on my SLR and the lens with my husband also. Sure that everything was ok, I again ventured out for photography (again on a weekday, but sans my friend, as she was onsite for work). I clicked around 140 pictures and mostly they were on "Aperture" setting mode, using a zoom lens. I had kept researching on different modes in photography and want to try out the background blurring mainly by setting the Aperture. And voila !!! What a result it had...The pictures turned out very good and I was satisfied very much. And I should really mention that the flowers collection and the arrangement in the flower show was just awesome. They had sculptures like panda bear, ducks, tree house all made of flowers. Very good show and I caught hold of some very good shots !! I used those shots to upload into my photography project at http://365project.org/reks/365 which is one-photo-a-day site and got good comments from my fellow 365ers.

Here is a slideshow of some of the pics taken in the flower show.

No comments:

Post a Comment