And I am in a state of awe that one term is over for my daughter at school. From June 11, 2012 - Oct 12, 2012, and Dusshera vacation is starting from Oct 12. So, there was a end-of-term PTM on Oct 12. It was in the morning in the slot 9.10-9.20 AM. So, I left her behind at home and I went alone to the PTM. Following are the comments from her teacher. And, even this time, I am happy about the comments. Praying God that this should continue...
- She is more intelligent than children of her age. And very sharp. And very quick to grasp things. (Little bit similar to the earlier PTM's comments).
- She does not stick to one group of friends. She mingles and plays with everybody though two of her friends, she likes a lot (N****** and Tha****).
- She is good at expressing how she feels. If somebody beats her, she clearly tells her Mam, "He is beating me".
- She is very fond of her teacher and frequently comes to her.
- She has her way. Like, for instance, if somebody takes HER toy, she makes sure that she gets it back from him/her. I asked her if she beats or pulls it from the other child. The teacher said she does not use any violence either. Somehow cleverly she takes it back. And she is particular to take back only HER toy and not the other child's. I was happy at this, that she does not beat or something to get her things back.
- She enjoys doing the craft activities.
- The only problem that the teacher said that she is facing with my kid is that, she does not sit in one place. Only for a few minutes she sits and then starts moving. And seeing this, the other kids also start moving and that is when the teacher finds it a bit difficult to manage multiple moving kids :-). So, the teacher, before starting any activity, specifically tells my kid that she is supposed to sit in one place when she (teacher) is doing/teaching something.
- Even during playtime in the playground, she gets so much excited that she starts running the moment she is out. And she starts running in the opposite direction and some other kids also follow my kid :-) And the teacher has a tough time at that point.
- There was a Sports Day at her school a few weeks back. (See my earlier post). I asked the teacher what actually happened that day. She said there was a HulaHoop race. The kids were supposed to put a ring on their body, run some distance, remove that ring, put another ring and run, and so on. (I think there were 3 rings like that). My kid did the first ring properly. But, while putting on the other ring, she started to sight-see what the other kids were doing. And hence got behind in the race. If she had not stopped like this, she would have come in the 2nd or 3rd place in the race. The final result: She came second-last :-)))) (On a different note, it was my kid's statement on the day of the race that she came the first in
- the race:-)) )
- I was telling her teacher that we might change countries during her next academic year but nothing is decided as of now. I got happy when the teacher said, "I do not like her go. She is a good student". Very happy that my kid has been able to get such a name from her teacher within 4 months of schooling.
Overall, I was happy with the PTM. Got some books from the book sale which is conducted in the school during PTMs. And as usual, my daughter and books have a great bond. Seeing the books, she felt very happy :-)